Pages

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Welcome to the family, Bryn!

This weekend marked three and a half weeks of me living up in Kennesaw.  Living on my own has been great, I'm not gonna lie, but it has been a bit lonely, especially since before today I've been working from home.  So I decided it was time to make an addition to my household.


Meet Bryn, a 1-year old Siamese/Snowshoe rescue and my new best friend.  I adopted her from Fancy Feline Rescue of the South, a rescue organization that holds adoptions at the Petsmart here.  When I met Bryn at Petsmart, she was so affectionate- she came right up to me and nuzzled against my hand, wanting me to pet her.  She was so cute and sweet and loving that I knew she was perfect for me.

Bryn has been with me for four days now and she gets even more loving and affectionate every day.  She loves to curl up next to me on the couch and take a nap, and every morning she nuzzles my face to wake me up after my alarm goes off.  She loves playing with her feather toy and climbing on and in the cardboard boxes I've got lying around.  Bryn also gets really confused when my feet move around under the blankets and she always tries to pounce on them.  It's really adorable.

Of course, it hasn't all been fun and games.  Bryn hates her collar and tries to pull it off whenever I put it on her.  She also loves climbing on the counters and on me when I'm trying to eat.  The counters are really a problem when I'm cooking because I don't want her to walk on the hot stove or get into my food.  Hopefully that will be easy to train her out of since she's still fairly young.

All in all, though, Bryn is a great cat, and I know this is definitely the start of a beautiful friendship.



1 comment: